Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Can Anyone Guess What's Wrong With This Picture


Pictured is the heating/air conditioning unit for my room (Japanese residences don't tend to have central heating, apparently.) Now, don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant air conditioning unit, probably saving me from brain damage by heat stroke during the Brutal Tokyo Winter, and, certainly, it's quite ingenious (and typically Japanese!) to combine two appliances in one.

However, as a heater, it leaves something to be desired. Look at it's position, up near the ceiling....

That's right. Heat rises.

And my toes are very, very cold.

2 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, Blogger Shavonne said...

That sucks. Can't you buy a space heater? I have one and it works great.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Possibly. I haven't looked into it yet (probably because I didn't think of it....) Thanks for the tip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home