Sunday, January 22, 2006

First Snowfall

Okay, okay ... long time since the last update. My excuse is that I was sick for a week, and really didn't feel like blogging (or doing much else for that matter.) One of my lymph nodes swelled up to golfball proportions.

Anyhow. Friday night my girlfriend came over. "It's snowing!" she said. To which I thought, uh huh, right, sure it is. I figured it was the Tokyo Snowfall I've already been exposed to (one snowflake per cubic meter, which melts within a foot of the asphalt.) The next day I looked outside, and, wow ... it was still snowing, and pretty heavily too. The air was filled with big, sticky, wet snowflakes, and the ground was comprehensively white and slushy.

I made an interesting discovery, too. Apparently, they bust out the umbrellas over here when it snows.

It snowed up until about 9 or 10 Saturday night. By Sunday evening, it had all melted....

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Shavonne said...

I don't recall Koreans using an umbrella when it snowed. It makes sense. Snow melts and when it does on your clothes it's like you went walking in the rain.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Matt said...

I usually just knock the snow from my jacket when I walk inside....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home